Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring break continues...

 
Well, there are a lot of things I could be doing with this next hour or so that I have to spare...
 
And blogging is probably not the most productive choice...
 
But then again, I don't know if I'll have the time to blog again before the shower.
 
 
So . . .
 
Spring break and plans for the wedding shower continue.
 
It's been a great week.  It's going by really quickly.  We've been knocking off some projects here and there, and enjoying the rest of the time as a family.  The week has been a lot more relaxing than I thought it would be--yay for "keeping it simple"!
 
 
I'm doing another BBQ.
 
Yeah, I know...  I could have been a little more creative with the menu.
 
But I figured with 50 people on the guest list, dainty appetizers could get a little labor intensive.
 
Not to mention--for a "his and hers" shower, I can't imagine the guys getting really excited over finger foods...
 
 
So, we spent last weekend butt pickin' again...
 
 
 
I bought somewhere just over 30 pounds of pork roast and our home was filled with the dreaded stench...er...aroma of pork roast once again.  I would have loved to have done it on the grill, but it takes a lot longer and would have been impractical to do the roasts one--or maybe 2--at a time.  So, I did them all at once on Sunday when at least I could be gone for half the day.
 
We brined the roasts in the refrigerator overnight Saturday, and after we managed to break the meat drawer, we made a mental note that 30 pounds (4 pork shoulders) each in a 2 gallon bag of brining solution is maximum capacity for our refrigerator. 
 
I wish I would have thought to take a picture! ... Oops.
 
Thankfully, many hands make light work, and my family offered to help out:
 
 
 
Would you believe that my husband enjoys seasoning pork roasts?  (Wish I would have came across that information sooner!)
 
Beth Marie sprinkled the roast with seasoning and Mike rubbed it in--they made an excellent butt rubbin' team: 
 
 


My freezer is once again full of pork:


...so I hope everyone comes hungry on Saturday...
 
Cause I DON'T want left-overs!
 
 

1 comment:

"Mordecai" said...

leftovers are just fine with me! It could feed my lunches for a week...