Phase I
Beth Marie had her first visit to the Orthodontist this morning. In a few weeks, she'll begin what they call Phase I of her orthodontic treatment. Sigh... We chose an orthodontist that comes very highly recommended... ...and he's a very nice man. But it doesn't matter how nice you are... ...I'm not going to like it when you criticise my little girl's smile. I have mixed emotions about braces. On the one hand, I don't want her to have to go through having teeth pulled at every dental visit like I did... And I certainly don't want her to grow up and have jaw problems... But when she laid down in that chair and he started to point at her chin and say that it shouldn't crease like it does... ...and that her lower lip shouldn't curl like it does... ...and that her upper lip shouldn't protrude like it does... While I know that he means well... Inside I'm rolling my eyes and thinking--anybody can get a perfect clinic smile these days for $6000... ...but this little person's impish grin was especially designed by her Creator... It's all her own. And nobody else in the world has a smile just like hers. So while I realize that it's probably best to create more room for her new teeth to grow and her jaw to develop... I can't help but be a little sad about changing her smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment