Friday, February 18, 2011

My Husband's Obituary

 
Well, it's a good thing I posted "pretty pictures" of our yard a couple weeks ago...
 
'cause it sure isn't pretty anymore. 
 
A few days of thawing have revealed muddy grass, a rotten pumpkin, and a winter's worth of soggy bird seed and doggie duty.
 
Nuff said.
 
Thankfully, my wonderful husband took the afternoon off work to improve the yard situation before company arrives for the weekend.
 
What does that have to do with his obituary you might ask?
 
Let's hope nothing...
 
But awhile back we had this little conversation about obituaries...and the fact that Mike is irritated that they rarely ever say how the person died.  Certainly there are exceptions, but he feels that most often there is a tactful way to say how a person died, and he said that when he dies, he wants his cause of death to be stated in his obituary.  I assume if I go first, my cause of death will also be stated in mine... 
 
Man I hope I die gracefully. 
 
Anyway...
 
So, today I get a note from Mike at work, and it says that he'd leave work around 12:30, have his car washed, after which he would "succumb to poop duty..."
 
Nice.
 
I e-mailed him back and asked him if he would want that stated in his obituary, and he said he would appreciate it.  :-)
 
Poor guy.  He's now working on repairing the stupid plastic gears in our garage door opener.  What a way to spend vacation! 
 
Thanks, Hubby...  I must affectionately say that I hope that I never live to write your obituary.  ;-)

No comments: