Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Letting Go...

 
I had the privilege of throwing a wedding shower for this beautiful person over the weekend...
 
 


...and last night, I got to have her to myself.


We had a "special date".


We went to Olive Garden, and did some shopping, and had some time to talk.


We've had lots of special dates over the years...
 
 
I've played a role in her life that I never asked for and don't deserve.
 
 
But today it's hitting me that last night was probably our last special date cause we're about to give her away.
 
 
And, it would appear that God's plan is to take her far from home.
 
 
Where has the time gone?
 
 



Our relationship didn't start out so special...




She may look innocent, but this little peanut's head-banging tantrums were my worst nightmare when I babysat her!  :-)
 
But somewhere along the way, she grew up into one of the most beautiful people I've ever known, and I hope my daughter will grow up to be just like her.
 
Over the years, I've had the opportunity to teach her about housekeeping...and a little about homemaking...and a little about hospitality...  I've gotten to work with her, and sing with her, and teach with her...  I've had the opportunity to see her steadfast faith in difficult circumstances, and her unwavering determination to do what she believes is right no matter how much it hurts.  There are so many things I wanted to tell her...so much I wanted to teach her...and so much more I could have learned from her, too.  This girl is a rare treasure and I know that the Lord will use her greatly.  And I just pray that, in the years to come, He will raise up Godly women in her life who will have the privilege of teaching her all the things that I won't be able to, and to challenge her to become all that He created her to be.
 
 
So, I'm learning to let go. 
 
 
It hasn't been easy. 
 
 
Man, if this is hard, how am I ever going to let go of my one and only little girl?? 
 
 
 We're not even gonna go there... 
 
 
Well...
 
 
I love you Bethany.  Have a beautiful marriage!

1 comment:

"Mordecai" said...

My sweet Betsy is all grown up... "Oh Michael, what kinda candies are leefthal to you?"