12 years
I'm grateful to say that today was our 12th wedding anniversary. Wow...12 years... Where has the time gone? Recently, I looked through our wedding photos. Crazy... We were a couple of kids! Mike had just turned 22, and I had just turned 21. Just old enough to legally taste the champagne in our honeymoon suite...and I had already promised my life away! I came across this picture in our wedding album recently:
(Such a bummer it was pre-digital photography...) But I was just so taken by the expression of pure elation on my face. That day, I married my beloved and my friend, and at that moment in time, there was absolutely nothing that could have made me happier. And I've been living the life of my dreams ever since. Well, for the most part... ;-) We've always had our differences, and they emerged even before the honeymoon was over. Like at Disneyland Paris when I locked myself in the bathroom and Mike sat outside the door banging his head against the wall. Yeah, I'm afraid it probably wasn't his only head-banging moment... Merging two lives into one isn't always pretty. But by God's grace, it's possible. ~♥~ God has a sense of humor, doesn't He? He doesn't always give us what we want in a mate... but in His infinite wisdom, He gives us what we need. It must be fairly amusing to Him to match people together... Can't you just picture it? He looks down and says, "Yes, you and you belong together. This should be interesting..." ~♥~ Well, I am so grateful for 12 years of walking alongside the man that God gave me. And I pray that by God's grace, there will be many more good years to come.
2 comments:
Ha, lol. I haven't banged my head for a while, have I?
I don't know--have you? :-) I rarely see what you're doing up there on the corner of the housetop...
Post a Comment