Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's February...

According to the calendar, February is the shortest month of the year...
 
...but in Minnesota, it feels like one of the longest.
 
Winter has lost its thrill by now...
 
...but the end isn't in sight yet.
 
 
February is one of those months where you just kinda find a comfy spot and wait for spring to arrive...
 

 
At least there's Valentine's day...  I'm not big on seasonal decorating...but I thought I'd be festive and design a Valentine's theme for my blog...yeah, like I needed an excuse to play with my blog design...  ;-)  You'll have to excuse me if I think of lots of excuses to change my blog design in the near future.  I can't help myself.  It is February after all--what else is there to do?
 
 
Anyway...
 
 
So, we're passing the time and trying to keep warm while we're longing for leaves on the trees and lush green grass...
 
And where we really want to be is on a family outing to the park for a nice round of disc golf!
 
But, there's still a little fun to be had in these last weeks of winter, so Mike and Beth ventured out to play in the snow a bit this afternoon:
 
 
 


And here is my first attempt at adding videos to my blog...

Here's one of Beth Marie's trips down the hill:



Then, one of Mike and Beth going together:

 
 
And finally, one of Mike and Gretchen:
 
 
(Not sure what Gretchen thought of the experience. :-)
 
Still looking forward to spring, but winter has its amusements...

No comments: