Now, I must confess that I have a weakness for household gadgets... ...but I've come to the conclusion that no kitchen is complete without one of these: (panini press) We purchased ours from Amazon.com last fall or so, and it's been an excellent tool for preparing good lunches and suppers FAST. With just a few easy supplies on hand (meat, bread, cheese) you have a quick and fun meal for a babysitter... ...or a happy hubby at home while you're on a girls' night out! :-) Well, this week, I was scavenging around the kitchen for an easy lunch for Beth Marie and I. We had a nice hunk of Monterey Jack cheese from Trader Joe's in the fridge...and some left-over tortillas from a recent supper... Mmmm... We shredded the cheese, arranged it in the tortilla, folded it in half and plopped it on the grill. These were some of the most amazing cheese quesadillas we've ever had:
They only took about a minute, and the cheese was gooey and melted in the middle...
The tortilla was the perfect mix of crispy and soft...
and that's what I call an easy lunch. :-)
(With a little seasoned chicken and some taco fixings, it could be an easy supper, too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment