Monday, June 6, 2011

Daube's cake

 Awhile back, Mike was given an award at work.
 
I'm always careful because I never really know how much I'm supposed to say about my husband's job...so I guess I'll just say that we have been so thankful to see the Lord direct Mike's career.  Our God has shown us time and again that we are where He wants us to be for this time, and He has placed Mike on a path of blessing in his job.  In times like these, it is such a comfort to know that our heavenly Father is directing our steps and providing for our needs.
 
So, apparently, there were several of Mike's co-workers who challenged him to bring something "better than doughnuts" to work to share. 
 
With Bethany's wedding in recent memory, the first thing that came to my husband's mind was Daube's cake.
 
Beth Marie and I delivered the cake one day shortly after lunch...
 



...but we weren't invited to the party, so Mike was nice enough to snap a picture on his cell phone so I at least got to see the cakes.  :-)

 
Mmm...
 
Now, I don't know much about my husband's job.  And if I did know something, I probably couldn't tell you anyway...  I've rarely ever wished that I could see him at work, but on that particular day, I did sorta wish I could have been a fly on the wall.  (I would have been a good fly and I would have even tried to stay off the cake...)  I was so excited for Mike and I just kinda wished I could have been invisible so I could have seen him enjoy spoiling his co-workers with Daube's cake. 
 
My only complaint is that they didn't even save me one little sample of the chocolate carrot cake...
 
It must have been good.  :-)
 
 
 
 

No comments: