Sunday, April 17, 2011

90 years...

Yesterday, we ventured off to Wisconsin to celebrate Mike's Grandma's 90th Birthday:
 


This lady amazes me!
 
She lives independently in a beautiful townhome...
 
still drives around in a little red sports car...
 
is still busy with church groups...
 
and has an active social life.
 
 
I didn't have any living grandparents, so when Mike and I were married, I was very thankful to inherit two beautiful Grandmothers, and we are so glad that Beth has been able to know and love two great-grandmothers. 
 
Grandma has already been celebrating her birthday with friends and family for 2 weeks when yesterday's party rolled around.  She decided that if this is what it's like to turn 90, she'll do it every year!
 
One of the highlights of the day was meeting the most recent addition to the family, baby Lucy:
 


 




 Beth adored her and had so much fun getting acquainted with her:
  




 There was a beautiful cake...
 






Mmm...


And lots of gifts...





And we always attempt some group pictures...

Here's Grandma with all of her grandchildren by birth and marriage (except the baby who was napping):


And here's our attempt at getting everyone (except one missing family member) in a single picture:
 




Grandma has always dreamed of getting a complete family picture--but someone is always missing.  Maybe someday, Grandma--you keep trying!
 
And I'll leave you with my favorite picture from the day:
 




I'm not biased, of course...  ;-)

No comments: