Yesterday, I thought about sitting down to write up a year in review for our family, but I felt like I couldn't possibly do justice to the happenings of the entire year in one post. It was a very full year, and I am so grateful for the many blessings and wonderful memories of 2010. (My husband reflected on a few of the highlights of the year a bit at his blog if you're interested.) I often begin the new year thinking about all of the projects I want to tackle and all of the new disciplines that I want to implement in my life...which basically boils down to a little yearly identity crisis. (Am I the only person who does this?) I'm excited to see what the Lord has in mind for our family in the coming year. Lord willing, there will be many precious people coming through our home... There will be school days and field trips, sunshine and storms, laughter and tears. Each day that the Lord gives us breath is a gift from Him, and more than anything, I pray that we will be faithful. There's an old song that has been in my heart a lot this week. (I love it when the Lord puts a song in my heart.) The words go like this: ♪♫ "God has not given us a spirit of fear, But has given us the strength to obey.With power and sound mind,With love--the unfailing kind, O be not ashamed of His way. May the Lord find us faithful.May His Word be our banner held high.May the Lord find us faithfulEvery day, though we live, though we die." ♫♪
~ Mac Lynch
I've been pondering a lot of Scriptures on faithfulness, and so I might develop these thoughts a little more in another blog post one day. But for now, it's time to make some homemade pizza! :-) Happy New Year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment